Friday, January 13, 2012

10.5 hours sleep!

Day 1 of training camp is over and I was way too tired to share any news. In the morning session we raced each other, which can be pretty much half the game of 7s, did quite a bit of passing and played a lot of games. Nigel, the USA Rugby CEO, led us through some scrumhalf passing as well as one game that extended for about an hour. The games were challenging, but really fun.

 
After session 1! 
(dorms behind me..practice fields behind the cars to the right)

During session 2 we played more games. We set up one drill where we were chasing a breakaway runner-I really like that one, but it can be pretty hard. After about 2 hours of training we finished the day with fitness testing. Oh boy! This was the first time I actually felt good about how I did in the testing-thank g*d! It wasn't amazing or anything, but I didn't collapse and I held my own throughout the 10 mins of flopping on the ground and came out better than I expected. Yay for speed endurance training (thanks boo!)!

 
After session 2! 
..thus the 10.5 hours of sleep : )

So day one is over and I'm onto day 2. I'm feeling pretty good, although quite sore. Ready for lots of rugby fun!

1 comment: