Tuesday, January 17, 2012

san diego or bust!

january 17th marks my first night in san diego! i feel quite relieved to be here, especially considering i didn't have a complete emotional meltdown upon leaving (stay tuned, i'm sure it will come soon)..

on sunday i landed in nyc to a warm kermit (fontaine's jeep). we ate delicious food and enjoyed a very pleasant night together. monday was filled with errands and my last supper. and oh man, what a last supper it was! cheesecake factory. 2 friends. fastest order (without a menu) on record. all this made for an amazing meal and a comatose drive home, well worth it. on tuesday i enjoyed leftovers of chicken and biscuits and banana cream cheesecake-yumm!

after creating a joint bank account with my lady, we packed the car and headed off to the airport. upon arrival at the curbside check-in i realized that both my id and my credit card were left at said bank of newly founded joint account. ugh. fortunately, i packed my passport in my carry-on and was able to use a new check card that i hadn't previously used to pay the obscene luggage prices delta charges.

the flight over was quite productive. i watched hairspray on my laptop, finished harry potter 5, filled out all my paperwork for the otc and finished a few logic puzzles! i had the entire row to myself which was a sweet bonus. i landed safely in san diego where my dear friend em picked me up at the airport.

we headed to a restaurant where "the best burritos in san diego" are made. delish!  i'll sleep my first official night as a west coast resident on em's couch. tomorrow marks move in day and hopefully find a bed and refrigerator day too : /

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it was passing McGee's (Bar) in midtown or the girl at the gym in the San Diego t-shirt that reminded me of you. Here's to a great start in San Diego.

    You're welcome LOL

    ReplyDelete