Friday, May 30, 2014

Backwards blogging...

A lot has happened in the month since my last post! Let's move backwards through time and catch up :)
I am now in Colorado playing rugby! This week is the Top 50 camp for the USA Women's 15s team. At the end of this week the World Cup team will be announced. We play 2 matches against each other which will be the main determining factor for selections. The pressure is on, so everyone is looking to perform at their best and make it onto the traveling roster of 26. 

Last week: I was in San Diego! Who'da thunk I would be back in the sunshine state so soon?! It was magnificent! I got to see friends, lounge in the sun, play at the beach and eat yummy California food. My first order of business in Cali was a coaching certification course. After a full day of learning and coaching I passed and elevated my coaching skills another level.
I stayed with Em, Katie & Char (and the baby boy) for the week. It was like old times-late night (6-8pm because we're old and tired) tv and chatting sessions and lots of couch time :) 
2 weeks ago I was still in Colombia! I finished my time at the farm by making a really awesome chair. I left my mark by way of American flag. That chair is easily the most beautiful thing I have ever constructed ;) 

My time in Colombia was truly incredible. My life has changed for the better, I feel much more relaxed in spirit and at ease with myself. I have learned a lot about being alone and happy, about food and well-being, and about finding joy in every moment, everything and every person. I feel an overall happiness inside me that I can build up through practiced thought. And although I am no better at making decisions, I know my process of indecision a lot better now ;) 

I'm working to tke all that I've learned and use it in what was my everyday life. Starting with the rugbysphere I am working to integrate joy and vegetarianism into my world. Up next...ranch life!

No comments:

Post a Comment